Dec 5, 2007

Jajouka Black Eyes

The Master Musicians Of Jajouka/S.T.
(GENES/GCD 3000/CD)

The Master Musicians Of Jajouka/S.T.

Everytime I organized my gig event called 'plunk's plan',I keep playing my iPod[song shuffle mode] as BGM for the night. Sometime An unexpected tune flowed suddenly and it makes great time for drinking. and sometime my iPod plays Unknown song for me..ha ha..
One night, my iPOD plays Ornette Coleman's 'Midnight Sunrise' from the album 'Dancing In Your Head' in This album, Ornette played with The Master Musicians Of Jajouka. It makes I and Mr.TABATA talking over about this album.

Foe me,Off Course Brian Jones' works taught me to Jajouka music.
Ornette's work recorded in 1973, Brian's work is 1968 and This album recorded in 1972. If you want to know about Jajouka music, I think this CD is Definitive edition.

Their Music reminds me a little of Amon Duull for their sound of percussions with full of emotion and also reminds me some great minimal music. Very Psychedelic.
Many Beatniks like Burroughs,Boweles and Gysin spend their times there. I hope to have a chance to visit in the future..

No comments: