Jun 18, 2008

My only weapon is my

Sly & The Family Stone/There's A Riot Goin' On
(EPIC/SONY/ESCA 5219/CD)

Sly & The Family Stone/There's A Riot Goin' On

One morning I browsed Internet, There was unbelievable news came into my eyes. Sly & The Family Stone's GIG would be take place in JAPAN this autumn...Oh man!!!

I could not get the ticket, so I put there cds after a long time.
In my student era, My Favorite Sly's stuff is 'FRESH'. but now, 'There's a riot goin' on' is completely blowing my mind.

There is full of Depth of densityand,Feeling of a blockade in An unusual feeling of tension. and I can feel 'Silence'-It will be omitted intentionally in 'FRESH' all around in this album.

Contrast of Very Cheerful Tour photos in booklet and The Star-Spangled Banner which spread seems to be very uncanny to me.

When I ask 'What is your favorite song in this album?' , No doubt, I always answer the song 'Poet'.

No comments: